[mythtv-users] Start Early/End Late question

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 20 01:27:10 UTC 2014

> On 20 Apr 2014, at 8:14 am, "Dick Steffens" <dick at dicksteffens.com> wrote:

>>> Is there any channel in the entire world that is that accurate?
>
> Oregon Public Broadcasting seems to have their clock right. For all the cable channels I record I always add one minute. For OPB I don't have to do that.
> --
> Regards,
>
> Dick Steffens

I have a default of 3min pre padding and 15min post padding, I have a couple of schedules that consistently fall outside the defaults so they are bumped to 5min pre and 20min post, plus I use IceTV guide (Australia DVB-T) who will adjust schedules if they see things running to a different time (I run a mythfilldatabase about 5pm every day to try and catch changes) - and I STILL miss the start or end of a show about once a month.

The precision your schedules have if you are talking seconds is truly extraordinary...