[mythtv-users] Arm Based Frontend

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Apr 20 09:07:05 UTC 2014

On 20/04/14 02:40, Mark Perkins wrote:

>> What I would like to see is a Mythweb client that I could program     once
>> a week to faithfully record the shows that I now forget to record.
>>
> Isn't this the whole point of recording schedules? For non-movies i set mine
> about once every 3 months then just let Myth do it's thing.
>
> Or are you talking about the automatic backend shutdown / startup not working
> for you?
>
> Or (last guess I promise) do you mean that your backend is invariably off at
> the times that you tend to program your recordings with MythWeb?

You have schedules three months in advance?

In the UK we have trailers for new series, both drama and documentary, but we
often don't find out exactly when they are on until the week before or even the
day before.

For this reason, I check the day's listings via Mythweb /every/ morning. There
are often programs I have seen reviewed in the papers but had forgotten about.

-> The BBC xmltv listings guide I use only covers the next 14 days ahead.

--

Mike Perkins