[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime / Comcast Activation / access = not-subscribed

Philip Isaacs showcasefloyd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 15:30:30 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 4:50 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 8:07 PM, Mike Carron <jmcarron at starstream.net>
> wrote:
> > Data: is one of the items that is necessary to getting a new CableCARD
> > working
>
> Comments:
>
> * Do not encourage people that post to multiple forums.  Just
>   ignore postings in both until etiquette (choosing one, and only
>   one forum to post in) is followed by the OP.
> * Violating my own rule, note that Cisco cards and Motorola
>   cards are configured differently (including the HDHR viewable
>   fields and web interface displays).  Do not apply the results
>   from a Motorola franchise to a Cisco one.  And note that since
>   Comcast is all Motorola except where they have purchased
>   existing cable systems, their national activation hotline is far
>   less familiar with Cisco issues and configuration (channel
>   subscription issues are usually associated with the term
>   "staging" in Cisco franchises, but do fall under the very general,
>   and therefore completely meaningless in the details, term
>   "provision").
> * I await the OPs choice of forum.

Hey guys,

So here's the latest. I received a call from a tech on Saturday and I had
the HDHR working in about ten minutes (Success). So I guess this is
consistent with a lot of people's stories that I read. It's a little random
in terms of how it goes, some support people will be able to get you up and
running quicker then others. This person I spoke to was in fact the 4th
tech I had spoken to, before things were working.

My only problem now is that I can not view all my cable channels. I
subscribe to HBO and none of those seem to work at all.  (Basically any the
are marked DRM in the Card Tuner Listings Menu). All other channels (SD and
HD versions) work perfectly, but when I try and change to any HBO channel
the MythTV just goes black and then dies. Strange huh.

So my question is: Does this happen for everyone? I understand that there
is a Copy-Once flag on these channels but I was under the impression they
should be viewable along with my other channels. Also if this is not the
case, how do I get this corrected?

Thanks so much in advance,

Floyd