[mythtv-users] HDHR Prime / Comcast Activation / access = not-subscribed

Philip Isaacs showcasefloyd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 15:50:39 UTC 2014

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Philip Isaacs <showcasefloyd at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > My only problem now is that I can not view all my cable channels. I
> > subscribe to HBO and none of those seem to work at all.
>
> Copy protected content is not supported (supportable) on a true
> FOSS project such as MythTV.  Only closed solutions (Microsoft
> Windows Media Center, TiVo, MSO DVR) support the required
> DRM.  If it was your hope to record HBO using the HDHR Prime,
> you should get used to disappointment.  Alternatives for some
> are to use the "analogue hole" and a HD-PVR using the cable
> providers STB.

Okay, I figured as much, but i wanted to ask anyway. I had read of others
with Comcast getting their premium channels to work, but I'm guessing now
that they were using something like WMC. I do have an HDPVR 1212 and have
toyed around with it, but it seemed that most people liked the HDHR Prime
better so I wanted to test that out as well. I guess in the end, I'll
probably end up using both if I want to capture my premium channels.

Anyhow, I appreciate all the feed back everyone has provided on getting my
Cable Card setup.

SCF