[mythtv-users] Quick scrolling on Frontend

Sam Jacobs samlists at ijacobs.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 03:31:31 UTC 2014

On 21 April 2014 at 20:48:31, Brian J. Murrell (brian at interlinx.bc.ca) wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-04-21 at 15:42 -0400, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> > As the
> > original poster pointed out, "TV-series are all grouped, which is
> > great", so it's not a problem to leave them there.
>
> It's still far too many in our menu of just television shows. If they
> were reduced down to even 13 top-level double-letter (i.e. A-B, C-D,
> E-F, etc.) menus with show names below that and episode names below
> that, that would be very helpful.

Do you use recording groups? You can either set them manually, or I use some SQL[1] (that I am aware will need changing when 0.28 is released) to set them for me.

I use recording groups as a replacement for the title list, but they can also be navigated with TV Frontend/PAGELEFT and TV Frontend/PAGERIGHT. If you want, you can have a menu pop up when you enter the watch recordings screen; set “Always prompt for initial group filter” on page 5 of the TV Playback settings.

[1] https://gist.github.com/sammyjayuk/11163858

> Or even better, as has been discussed in the past, tags. 30-minute
> shows, 1-hour shows, comedy, drama, most recently/frequently watched,
> etc.

I understand that something like this is planned for 0.28.

Sam

--
Sam Jacobs on MythTV 0.27, UK Freeview SD & Freesat HD, EIT-only EPG
Mac mini, MBE+FE: OS X Mavericks, bundled FE, macports BE

Sent with Airmail