[mythtv-users] Intel Graphics Support Question

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Apr 22 12:58:57 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-22 at 07:51 -0400, BobW wrote:

> Correct, it is the NIC on those MBs.

If I'm understanding you, no, incorrect.  What I am interpreting your
complaint as being is that two networked services on the same machine
stop talking to each other.  Is that correct?

If so, that's got nothing to do with the NIC on the machine.  When two
networked services on a single machine want to talk to each other they
do so through the "loopback" network and don't utilize the NIC at all.

> Yes, it probably is a software
> issue, however, it is a sw issue consistent between two different MBs,

But of course it is.  If it's a software issue, it will be consistent
among 100 motherboards or 1,000 motherboards or 10,000 motherboards.
Since it is a *software* issue and has nothing to do with the
motherboard and the problem follows the software to whatever motherboard
(and CPU) it's running on.

b.