[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: HDTC-2US Homerun and OTA tuning

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Apr 22 21:34:09 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 4:48 PM,  <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:
>> I want one, but primarily for the auto transcode.
>> I was hoping this feature would be supported in Myth
>> with commercial scan and the other bells and whistles.
>
> No personal experience (waiting for the CC model to
> get announced), but....

Same here.

What I haven't seen much mention of is if this transcoder can do
reasonable deinterlacing to go from 1080i broadcasts to 1080p on disk.
 I've been doing software transcoding to deinterlace for stuff I want
to watch on my phone and I really need to do the deinterlacing during
the transcoding step.  Playing the raw 1080i mpeg-2 is actually pretty
ok except for the interlacing artifacts, and the phone can't handle
deinterlacing.

I've decided to wait and let someone else take the plunge first.

Eric