[mythtv-users] CentOS and 0.27-fixes (which really just means always-latest)

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Apr 23 20:44:48 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 4:15 PM, HP-mini <blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, 2014-04-23 at 09:08 -0400, Tom Lichti wrote:
>

> > Seconded. I just (in the last two weeks) moved my backend from Redhat
> > to Ubuntu (14.04) and it was super simple. I even added a new page
> > with the compile steps in the MythTV wiki for 14.04.
>
> If you are referring to this:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Trusty_Tahr_Installation
> this is incomplete if not just wrong.
> You have to configure/build/install mythtv libs etc before doing the
> same for mythplugins.
>
> Could mention mythweb & mythtv-scripts git sources.

I'm not disputing that it's incomplete, but I can say that it's not wrong,
in that if you follow those steps, you will have compiled binaries that
should allow you to complete an installation, if you are following the main
install guide. It was never meant to be a full guide, and all I did was
copy the 13.04 page and update it with what I found had to be added for a
14.04 install. The rest of the setup (mythplugins, mythweb and scripts for
instance) are already covered elsewhere in greater detail. For me, it was a
place to put the list of package requirements so the next time I have to do
this, I don't have to look around for what I had to do, it will be in the
wiki. If it benefits someone else, great. I hadn't seen the mythbuntu build
stuff, I'll take a look at it for sure.