[mythtv-users] mythtv netflix hack

Andréas Kühne andreas at kuhne.se
Sat Apr 26 17:04:23 UTC 2014

>> > Andreas,
>> > 1. I did update the lirc (mythnetflix1080.lircrc) file to more reliably
>> > exit Netflix/Firefox. Although that won't help your key problem. please
>> > download the latest .zip and replace your mythnetflix.lircrc file before
>> > you do anything else.
>> > 2. your key problem: see the end of this page (
>> > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/WM_Behavior_Hack ) about using "irw" in the
>> > terminal. that will give you a key name to use. Open the
>> > mythnetflix1080.lircrc in gedit (or whatever) in the second section
>> > replace KEY_CLEAR (it's on line 17) with the button you have chosen
>> >
>> > 3. HDMI audio is working just fine here. I suspect it is something in
>> > your standard audio settings, I'm afraid I can't be of too much help on
>> > that.  Maybe somebody else on the list can help you with
>> > Alsa/PulseAudio. or possible the Pipelight guys. Sorry
>> >
>> > Thank you for the positive feedback, I really appreciate it.
>> > Greg
>> Andreas,
>> WOW, I must be tired I just botched a bunch of stuff. DO NOT change
>> KEY_CLEAR. the key you need to change is KEY_BACK (it's on line 44)
>> sorry about that. Best of luck on the audio stuff.
>> Greg
>>

> No worries mate!
>
> Your tips have been great so far. I'll try and get the audio working
> during the weekend. It's probably an issue that pulseaudio (or whatever
> engine I am using for sound) isn't correctly configured.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andréas

Hi again,

Just wanted to say that I updated the mythnetflix1080.lircrc file to your
latest version, I was also able to change the button that exited the
browser. AND I was able to get the sound working, thanks to your pointer in
the right direction. Fixed the ALSA config so that my NVidia card (which
has the HDMI output on it) was the default card in mythbuntu. It is all
working like a charm!

Regards,

Andréas