[mythtv-users] mythbackend deletes recording extremely fast

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 17:36:04 UTC 2014

On Apr 28, 2014 1:15 PM, "Martin Compton" <martinc at itrans.com> wrote:

> On 04/28/2014 06:02 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> I think this thread may contain some hints
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2012-December/343988.html
>>>
>>> Basically the first guess is that you may have multiple file systems
with unbalanced expire-able recordings.

>> And make sure you do not use the Balanced Free Space (default) or
Balanced Percent Free Space Storage Group Disk Schedulers if you're running
with full file systems and relying on auto-expire for deletion.

>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/532093#532093
>
> If I understand correctly, when relying on "Auto Expire" to clear disk
space one should use "Balanced Disk I/O"?

> I have experienced similar issues using "Combination".  Should I
investigate the non-IU "Weighting" options closely?

Refer to, and rely on comment from MTD earlier in this thread regarding
balanced I\O, not to be used if relying on auto expire.