[mythtv-users] mythbackend deletes recording extremely fast

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 18:33:22 UTC 2014

Hoi Nicolas,

> Am 28.04.2014, 19:07 Uhr, schrieb Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>:

>> arrange it's housekeeping. Also following an old discussion, why keep
>> deleted files around, say more than one day. It makes things more
>> complicated for housekeeping. And as said, before it is actually

> Well, I don't keep deleted files around. But I set up a huge amount
> of recording rules - some trivial, some complex - that record
> everything me and my girlfriend _may_ interest. This implies that
> our box records much more stuff we ever will be able to view! :D
> On the contrary, we are able to switch on our htpc at every time,
> being able to nearly always find something we want to see - in our current mood.

> Long story, short result:
> both filesystems are always full (with unwatched or protected
> recordings) and this is per design(ed usage) :)

> I just checked my settings and the storage management is set to
> "combined". After reading the stuff around balanced free space, it
> is clear to only chose between "balanced i/o" and "combined".
> My personal conclusion after reading the wiki is that there is only
> a slight difference between those two - or, for my case: there is no
> difference at all (because both of my storages are of same type (local)).

> Anyways, now I am sensible to the multiple storage condition and
> will monitor/examine the system with that in mind.

> Again: thx to all helpful posts!

> Nicolas

For series I'm not sure I'm going to watch I or I don't want to keep
around I always set a max to the episode count, with the last expiring
on recording a new one. That way these don't in essence take up extra
space, making space management easier. The news I even set to only
keep one.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven