[mythtv-users] fire tv as mythtv frontend

jacek burghardt jaceksburghardt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 04:55:57 UTC 2014

I found this
In my setup, I have a couple HDHomeRuns tuned to an OTA antenna. My house
is wired with gigabit ethernet. I'm using MediaPortal to supply PVR
functionality to XBMC clients throughout the house. So, the first thing I
wanted to test was live TV. I've read lots of concerns about mpeg2 and Live
TV support... I'm happy to report that it works!

My EPG data imported and displayed fine. Live TV HD channels work fine.
Recordings of HD channels play fine.

Next, I plan on importing my movies and tv shows from a networked machine.
Most of them are ripped DVDs in mp4 format. I'm not expecting to have any
issues.

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 10:49 PM, jacek burghardt <jaceksburghardt at gmail.com