[mythtv-users] cannot play bluray or dvd's in .27

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Feb 1 00:05:00 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 20:57 +0000, Tony Guadagno wrote:
> i installed vlc and it will not play either.  it tells me that aacs is not working right.  obviously, this is not a mythtv issue.  does you know of a good tutorial on how to get bluray to play on linux?  i am kind of lost as to how to proceed.
>
> thanks
> Tony Guadagno

Check where VLC is expecting to find any key DB file..Each app is still
looking in different folders..

I only suggest makemkv for debug/educational purposes (of course).
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7009&sid=4a3f988add8f6d23098513f8cfaf5ad6
This method works very well with mythtv.
Disc playback startup is a little bit slower.

HandBrake & makeMKV have very good debug logs..