[mythtv-users] Future internal replacement for mythweb

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 13:53:19 UTC 2014

Hoi Mike,

Saturday, February 1, 2014, 11:48:25 AM, you wrote:

> On 01/02/14 10:32, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>> On 02/01/2014 11:20 AM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>>> I have a question about the web server point. I will still need to run
>>> Apache on my backend in order to serve a few other applications. Will
>>> there be a mechanism for me to continue doing this, somehow sharing port
>>> 80 with the backend?
>>
>> Let me answer my own question, since it was actually answered on the
>> -dev list as well.
>>
>> The answer is that if port 80 is needed for multiple applications then
>> one should run a proper web server there (such as Apache) and let it
>> handle authentication (and also SSL, although probably not on port 80).
>> Then use mod_proxy to integrate with the applications which run on
>> different ports.
>>
> Yep. If mythtv does run its own 'webserver' there's no reason it has to use port 80.

If you use apaches vhost capability and have your own dns running, you
can run several websites with different names I have for instance now
mythweb as mythweb.home.dkw (home.dkw is my internal domainname) and
phpmyadm as mysqladm.home.dkw. You can also move apache to another
port, you then only have to append the port to the name.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop