[mythtv-users] uPnP chaos

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 2 02:37:16 UTC 2014

On 02/01/2014 09:06 PM, Tony Gould wrote:
> if the optimize script doesn't work, my fix to the same problem was to
> look in the recorded table for records with deletepending=1, and then
> delete these records and the corresponding records in the related
> tables recordedprograms and recordseek.You'd need to know some SQL to
> do this, and you'd have to backup your database first.

That's a very dangerous thing to do.  There's a much better approach for
cleaning any of that up, and I'm happy to give it to anyone off list
once they find that there are a bunch of recordings that are stuck in
that state (i.e. were deleted days or longer ago and are still there,
even after a full system (including master backend) restart--making sure
to wait until mythbackend processes finish shutting down, which may take
much longer than your system start scripts are willing to wait).

Mike