[mythtv-users] Any way to change category of recordings from frontend

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 18:29:02 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Tony Gould <antonyjgould+myth at gmail.com>wrote:

> Is there a recommended way to do this via the frontend? Here in the UK,
> EIT uses "Movie" sometimes and "Film" at other times, and I'd like to be
> able to see all of them together in one place in the recordings view.

It is a tiny bit more work, but you can create "recording groups".  For
each recording rule, you tell it which recording group to place that
recording.  So, for your Sherlock recording rule, tell it to put any future
recordings into the "Movie" recording group.  You can then view *a*
recording group on the "Watch Recordings" screen.

I don't know which theme you have selected, but Steppes is an example of a
theme which lets you see what recording groups are available.  With any
theme, you can use the [Rewind] and [FastForward] buttons on your remote
(or < and > on the keyboard) to cycle through the available recording
groups.  By default you are shown the "All" recording group, which has all
recordings regardless of what other group that recording may primarily
belong to.

You can move existing recordings to a different recording group on the
Watch Recordings screen.  Go to the show you want to change and hit [M]enu
(possibly twice to see the right menu) and select "Add this group to
playlist".  Then hit [M]enu again and select "Playlist Options -> Storage
Options -> Change Recording Group" and select which recording group you
want those recordings moved to.  Note that the first option on the list of
Recording Groups will be "Add New".

John