[mythtv-users] Is there an approved may to remove frontend settings?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 2 18:52:09 UTC 2014

On 02/02/2014 12:43 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> I personally like cleanliness.  But unless you really really understand
> the business logic of the MythTV application, and how it uses the DB
> info, deleting or modifying the DB directly is likely to result in "something
> bad happening" at some point.

And the likelihood of your noticing the bad in time to use the backup is
small--especially when making anything other than trivial changes.
Backups aren't protection against breaking data broken data doesn't show
up until you try to use that data--unless you've figured out a way to
test /all/ of the data that's been modified/deleted/inserted...  Since
the data integrity/data constraints are all expressed in application
code, there's generally no indication of problems until long after
you've made the changes--and long after tonight's recordings were
created and other changes to your system have occurred.

Mike