[mythtv-users] Is there an approved may to remove frontend settings?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Feb 2 22:01:08 UTC 2014

On 02/02/14 12:49 PM, Tony Gould wrote:
> Bill Meek wrote, on 02/02/14 16:48:
>> I'd suggest leaving well enough alone. Your computer, your choice...
>>
>> Ah, what Raymond said (define the need.)
>>

> for what it's worth, I agree with Bill. I'm happy to change some of the
> other tables with SQL (backing up every step of the way), but I wouldn't
> go near the settings table. I thought about doing it once, but after
> doing a SELECT query to see what was there I quickly decided it was a
> very risky idea.

And for what it's worth, the ONLY table which I have seriously fiddled
with IS the settings table. I checked at one point and found that I had
three different hostnames, and a fair number of duplicate settings *for
the same hostname*.

No damage ensued. The only other table I touch is the recorded table,
when inserting downloaded videos to poke in the filesize. But that is
done by a script.

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury