[mythtv-users] Audio continues after close of program

kfoltz4 at juno.com kfoltz4 at juno.com
Mon Feb 3 02:21:38 UTC 2014

On 02/01/2014 12:53 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 2/1/2014 10:39 AM, kfoltz4 at juno.com wrote:
>> Running "amixer set CD mute" at the command line will silence the
>> audio. What I would prefer to do is add that command to the closing
>> process in MythTV. How is that done? I am running MythTV on Kubuntu
>> 12.04 if that makes any difference.
>
> That input should always be muted, even when running MythTV.  When you
> watch TV through MythTV, the TV is recorded to disk, and then played
> back from disk, so there is about a two second delay from live and
> what is displayed on your screen. That means if that audio channel is
> unmuted, you will have a two second delay between the recorded video
> MythTV is displaying and the unrecorded audio being passed through
> directly by your sound card.

> key point being input, not output

> Mike

I am running an old analog LeadTek capture card that requires a patch cord to an input jack for the audio. The jack I am using is the CD line in plug on the motherboard. MythTV runs fine in this configuration but the audio continues after the program is closed. Manually entering "amixer set CD mute" will turn the audio off but I would like to automate the process. Can I run the command as part of the program closing process?

Sorry, but somehow part of the information on this question was lost at some point.