[mythtv-users] Mythnetvision iplayer plugin

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 20:10:11 UTC 2014

On 30 January 2014 00:04, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> I'm assuming you can see a mouse pointer to start with. (uncheck
> Frontend/setup/appearance/'hide mouse cursor')
>
> If the mouse is in the same area as the video (flash?) it does seem to get
> hidden/lose focus. For fun you can position it dead centre (where the Play
> arrow appears) and it does usually seem to survive. However the most
> reliable method is to position the mouse at the bottom of the screen before
> selecting your content using the keyboard. It should then remain
> visible/useable.
>
> It's easier to use something like http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer to
> download programmes to the video library and watch it in full Myth glory.
> Do remember to delete it afterwards...

Thanks Chris and  Roger for the tips, much appreciated.  The linuxcentre
option looks interesting.  iPlayer isn't something I use much, but I was
just curious as to how other people used it.  I did have the mouse cursor
option enabled, which wouldn't have helped, the videos don't seems to play
properly however when I do click play.

Got a few options to run with however, so many thanks

Martin