[mythtv-users] Any way to change category of recordings from frontend

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 00:39:51 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com>wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 18:48:03 -0000, Michael T. Dean <
> mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>

> >> You can move existing recordings to a different recording group on the
> >> Watch Recordings screen. Go to the show you want to change and hit
> >> [M]enu (possibly twice to see the right menu) and select "Add this
> >> group to playlist". Then hit [M]enu again and select "Playlist Options
> >> -> Storage Options -> Change Recording Group" and select which
> >> recording group you want those recordings moved to. Note that the
> >> first option on the list of Recording Groups will be "Add New".
> >
> > Right, recording groups are user-specified/user-editable data.
> > Categories are listings-service-provided/non-editable data.
> >
> > Mike
>
> And you can even create "recording rule templates" to automatically place
> both Movie & Film categories into your new recording group.
>
> Create two templates named "Movie" and "Film" and set them both to use
> your new recording group. Also set the rule to 'Find One', start early/stop
> late, metadata etc as you wish. Then whenever you hit Record on a Film or
> Movie they'll go to the right place, without having to set the options each
> time.
>
> Documentation for templates is sparse, but the essentials are here:
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/71c65b/mythtv

Thanks, I had been wondering about how to use templates. Additionally, the
template name is not case-sensitive, but must match the category type in
this scenario. For the Schedules Direct category type "movie", a template
name of "Movie" will match but "Movies" will not.

Find One and metadata aren't something you can set on a template, just
regular rules.

Frank