[mythtv-users] Lots of weird unexpected files in an unexpected place

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Feb 7 05:14:46 UTC 2014

The Box was acting a bit funky tonight, so I did my usual SA run, checking
stuff like disk space.

And / was at 96%.

Largely because of 2,5GB of semi-random stuff in:

  /var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv/tmp/hls

mostly with names ending in .ts.

I would assume those are MPEG TS segments, but

1) Why are they there at all?
2) Why are they still there from last Nov 27?
3) Why are they on *my root filesystem*?
4) Can I whack them safely?
5) What about Naomi?

Should I already know the answers to one or more of these questions?

This is 0.26 from Packman RPMs on SuSE 12.2.

Cheers,
-- jra