[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime channel scan woes with 0.27 mythtv

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Feb 8 16:16:46 UTC 2014

On 2/8/2014 10:16 AM, ozooha wrote:
> I went ahead and did the channel scan in the input connection section
> using the cable and qam256 as my input choices.

If you're using a cablecard tuner as a cablecard tuner, you don't scan.
You pull a lineup from your Schedules Direct account.

> However I used a free xmltv grabber and so
> set the video source section to "no grabber".

If you're using an XMLTV grabber, you define the grabber you're using,
and MythTV goes out and calls that grabber automatically when it runs
mythfilldatabase. Running with no grabber means you're either using
broadcast EIT data, or you almost certainly have an incorrect configuration.

> | 702WC    | 702     | I702.28459048.microsoft.com  | 702 WCBSDT
> |         0 | Default  |

Oh. You mean that illegal XMLTV-like grabber. You're only allowed to
access that data feed if pulling it down and using it with Windows Media
Center.