[mythtv-users] Broken Setup Screens

Dustin Oprea myselfasunder at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 20:40:50 UTC 2014

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com>wrote:

> I guess you either didn't understand or just ignored Mike's polite hint
> about not top posting. Please stop doing it as it's not allowed on this
> mailing list.
>
> I'm wondering why this setup screen is suddenly appearing for you. Perhaps
> the real problem here is that the front end has lost network connectivity
> to the backend.

I thought he was referring to correcting something he had previously
written. I did not understand.

It's a habit, and was not intentional.

The setup screen is appearing because I renamed my config, and then
purged/reinstalled the Myth packages. I mentioned this in the original
post. I did, in fact, tried placing the config files back into it, but I'm
still getting the frontend-setup screen, for some reason. That's a
secondary issue (technically..).

It doesn't matter. It happens in both the frontend config, and the backend
config.

It also looks like I can get the text highlighted if I double-click on the
text in the field, but the keyboard navigation still doesn't work, and I
can't change the contents of the fields. It looks like my previous comment
about the fields being disabled is what is happening.

I considered that it might be a theme-related issue. However, since I had
removed my existing config, I assumed that either it was not a theming
issue, or it was a problem with the default theme (which is not likely to
be the case).

Dustin