[mythtv-users] Making use of all three tuners in the HDHR Prime

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Sat Feb 8 22:55:31 UTC 2014

My MythTV saga continues.

I have an HDHR Prime. I also have two machines running Mythbuntu. As I
go through the configuration of the second machine, is it safe to set it
up to use a different HDHR tuner from the one on the other machine? The
first machine is using tuner 0. If I set the second machine up to use
tuner 1 will that cause any conflicts?

In the long run I don't expect to have two machines running MythTV. When
I get to that stage, can I create two more capture cards using tuners 1
and 2, and will MythTV know what to do with them when I try to schedule
programs that overlap?

Many of the cable programs I like to watch are on channels that seem to
be off a minute from other channels. In other words, unless I extend the
recording by a minute on HGTV, DIY, or Food Network, the last bit of the
program is cut off. When there are two episodes of something -- or even
two different programs -- back to back, I'll extend for 31 minutes or 61
minutes in order to not lose anything. This works okay for the most
part, unless the following program is on a different channel. So, if I
set up to record something, with a 1 minute extension, and then try to
record a program that immediately follows it, will MythTV know to use a
different tuner in the HDHR Prime?

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens