[mythtv-users] Weird Problems with 0.24 - All of Extended Basic Assigne to Channel 938

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 07:31:48 UTC 2014

On 2/9/14, 2:23 AM, Mache Creeger wrote:
> I can receive the channels OK through the Windows 7-based HDHRP
> utilities and the VLC media player so its truly a Myth problem. I
> guess the best I can do is clearcut the config in mythtv-setup and
> hope it rebuilds correctly. Any other ideas are welcome.
>
> Its strange that it just stopped working and registered all the
> Extended Basic channels to be on channel 938.
>
> -- Mache
>
>  At 10:53 PM 2/8/2014, Stephen P. Villano wrote:
>
>> On 2/9/14, 1:31 AM, Mache Creeger wrote:
>> > I have been running 0.24 for a long time because I have SD TVs, old
>> > client boxes, and use XvMC which has been deprecated in newer
>> > releases. It has worked fine for a long time now. I have an HDHRP with
>> > a Comcast CableCARD that has worked fine in the past and still works
>> > fine with the Silicondust utilities. Today, I noticed that I was
>> > unable to record through the HDHRP and when inspected the channel list
>> > in myuthtv-setup I found that all the extended basic channels have all
>> > been assigned to channel 938. Channel 938 is assigned to every one of
>> > them. I have tried to reconstruct the video sources and pull in the
>> > schedules from SchedulesDirect but cannot seem to get things to go
>> > back to where they were.
>> >
>> > I realize this is old software, but does anyone have an idea?
>> >
>> > -- Mache

>> Do you have a windows media center capable PC around?
>> I'm wondering if it might be able to receive the channels. If so, it's a
>> crypto bit.
>> But, that's stretching my knowledge a bit, as I'm really not conversant
>> on the full programmatic capabilities of the cablecard-tuner-computer
>> dynamic.
>>
>> Any devs about who could contribute?
As in Myth being unable to receive protected content. Something by
design external to MythTV.
You ran into DRM harm.
Wherein, only certain, protected content may be viewed upon the blessed
by those protecting.
Sorry to say it that way, but that *is* the way it is.
MythTV has no funds to play along with the protected content crowd. No
money to pay for content protection, no money for crypto, no money at
all. Only the honest work of those who wish to code for what exists.
If I hit the lottery tomorrow, I'll grant that to the MythTV community.
Regrettably, I don't waste my finite funds on such  a worthless endeavor..