[mythtv-users] random livetv stalls

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 9 14:39:21 UTC 2014

On 02/09/2014 06:41 AM, Mark Perkins wrote:
>> I still get a stall of about 4 seconds at the top and bottom of the hour during live tv watching, but that is it.
> Don't suppose you have something set to run regularly in crontab that would correspond with these times? Mythfilldatabase? Mythconverg_backup? Metadata artwork lookup?

Is it really "a stall of about 4 seconds at the top and bottom of the
hour during live tv watching," or is it "a stall of about 4 seconds /at
program transition/ during live tv watching".  (So, for example, do you
really get a stallat the half hour if watching a 1-hr show?)  If there's
a stall even without program transition (and without any new scheduled
recordings kicking off on other channels), it's almost definitely not
MythTV and is something external.  If it's at program transition, that's
Live TV.

Mike