[mythtv-users] What happens if MythTV can't find the recorded files?

Jon N jdnandroid at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 15:36:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

I finally cleared some problems and will be trying to move my MythTV
frontend/backend to a new machine today.  Unfortunately I didn't get
this done before the Olympics, so I'm trying to watch several hours of
recorded coverage while doing this.  This is my plan, please note that
the drive I record all my MythTV programs to is an external drive that
I will be moving to the new computer to transfer the current recording
libraray:

1) Copy the recorded Olympics program to an internal HD.
2) Add that location using mythtv-setup
3) Restart the backend (if needed)
4) unmount the external drive.
5) watch the Olympics from the internal HD

At this point I'm not sure if this will even work at all.  My biggest
fear is that when MythTV can't find all the missing recorded programs
it will mark them all as missing and I won't be able to watch them
through the frontend again later.  So what will it do?

Thanks,
Jon