[mythtv-users] complete system meltdown

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 01:19:09 UTC 2014

What a day for my FE/BE!

1 mth old WD drive (2nd storage drive) died today with servo messages,
clicking etc.

Suddenly upon rebooting, my tv wasn't showing the bios,OS load, frontend.

Attaching the mythbox to my desktop monitor didn't work (using the graphics
card.)

Dsub cable from the onboard to my desktop monitor showed BIOS but now I'm
booting to a command line instead of myth loading automatically. How'd that
happen?

I'm not sure if Mythbuntu is seeing both the onboard graphics and the
graphics card.

What I thought was going to be a simple remove the drive for RMA has turned
into a complete nightmare. Will be heading over to askubuntu shortly, but
if anyone has ever had any of this happen to them as well, pointers are
welcome for troubleshooting.

Thanks!