[mythtv-users] complete system meltdown

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Feb 11 02:39:30 UTC 2014

On 02/10/2014 06:05 PM, George Mari wrote:

> Is it possible you suffered a power surge that caused this?
Or dodgy power supply?

Failed hard drive draws too much power, power supply can't provide power
to video card, video card fails to boot properly?

The other thing I've seen happen is that you leave something (mp3
player, phone) plugged into a usb drive, and that will prevent the
machine from booting.  It looks just like a failed boot disk.  I don't
think it's the case here, but unplug everything from the usb ports.