[mythtv-users] WD Green drives (was "complete system meltdown")

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 03:27:51 UTC 2014

Ok, so the drive that died today (installed Dec. 31st) was a 2TB WD Green.
Used the parking util seconds after installing it.

My other storage drive (a 1.5TB WD Green) has, knock on wood, been running
flawlessly since April 2011. So, for those of you with WD greens, is it
generally a good drive and there are some bad apples?

Just wondering because, of course, I'm RMA'ing it and will just be getting
another Green back