[mythtv-users] Experience with Haswell VAAPI playback

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 20:28:02 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:41 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> And some push all such off to the TV itself (which, for at least the
> better TVs, have good de-interlacers).

And (to revise, and extend my remarks) some higher end
A/V receivers also have various video up-scaling and
de-interlacing support (which, again, may be better or
worse than other options available to you).

Unfortunately, there are probably no locations where you
can go to audition a "home theatre" experience that
that includes a MythTV box in the mix of options to
compare.