[mythtv-users] Joy and pain

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 20:36:37 UTC 2014

Greetings mythizens, I installed my third single tuner card
yesterday,to receive my third TV source, works great, much joy.
In the process however I've managed to render my second card
ineffective. It's an analog card receiving a signal from a DCT700 set
top box, which has worked great for the last six months. Starting up
my mythbox used to turn on the STB from a "check_stb" script in
/usr/local/bin. that is called from my "change-channel.sh" also in
/usr/local//bin. After a not so perfect first attempt to configure the
third card I got a 0.0 gb recording from the analog card. I later went
back in and deleted all capture cards and reconfigured them with their
new order which got the new card working, but leaves the analog card
not working. The serial port IR blaster is not changing channels nor
is the "check_stb" checking if the motorola is on or not. Can anyone
point me in the right direction to diagnose this problem?

I'm running Steppes in myth 0.27 fixes in a Ubuntu 12.04lts desktop

Thanks Daryl