[mythtv-users] Joy and pain

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 01:10:07 UTC 2014

Hoi Daryl,

Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 1:54:54 AM, you wrote:

>>> It's a hardware issue, I ran the "check_stb" in a terminal and it said
>>> "hardware does not support IRSEND. UDEV is co-operating nicely.
>>
>> About your irblaster, has the new card ir-capability because then the
>> event device in /dev/input could have moved.
>>

>> Tot mails,
>>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>>
>> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
>> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
>> Het eeuwige dilemma
>> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>>
>> De lerende Mens
>> --

> The first(digital PCIe)card and the second(analog PCI)card worked
> great. When I put the third(digital PCI)card in the box the IR blaster
> stopped working, evident by the following terminal output:

> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ /usr/local/bin/check_stb
> irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE DCT700 info
> irsend: hardware does not support sending
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$

> None of the cards are blaster capable, so I use a serial port IR
> blaster. The new card is a PCTV 800i, I suppose pulling it would test
> if it is having an adverse effect on the IR baster, is there an easier
> way?

I don't know about dvb cards, but in my experience most analog cards
have ir hardware on board, even though there is no connector.
Take a look at the event devices in /dev/input/
in dmesg you can see which is asigned to what: powerbutton, keyboard,
mouse, ir etc.
You can also run the famous call;
udevadm info --attribute-walk --path $(udevadm info --query path
--name=/dev/input/event?)
If the new card claims one you see it. Also check on which event nr
the ir blaster is configured to use.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com