[mythtv-users] Joy and pain

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Wed Feb 12 18:02:19 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 12:37 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hoi Daryl,
> >
> > Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 6:31:36 PM, you wrote:

> test
> easier

> blasting capability)
> possibly creating more than one /dev/lirc device

> /var/run/lirc/lircd

Hika,

I think you're having Daryl looking for the wrong devices (in
/dev/input/XXX). I think you need to focus on the /dev/lirc0 and /dev/lirc1
and the associated lircd configuration. It would seem that the analog card
triggers the creation of /dev/lirc0, which bumps up the serial device Daryl
was using to /dev/lirc1. So you need to come up with a udev rule to create
a symlink for the device which is connected to /dev/lirc1 and then use that
symlink name in the command for the lircd daemon.

Karl