[mythtv-users] TV Overscan

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Thu Feb 13 01:33:37 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 6:28 PM, Dick Steffens <dick at dicksteffens.com>wrote:

> I've Googled this issue a bit but not since joining this mailing list, and
> I have found that there isn't a way to adjust the TV. I've seen references
> to how it used to be possible to make that adjustment with the nVidia
> driver, and that said facility was taken away, but it's still possible to
> do. Not enough detail is provided in those sources to tell me just where or
> how to do that.

Check out http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Overscan and look at the ViewPortIn
and ViewPortOut settings.  Once you get a handle on it, you can do all of
your tweaking in one line of your xorg.conf (if you're running newer nVidia
drivers).  You have to adjust the values by trial and error, but it
shouldn't take you more than a half hour to get something you can live
with. :)

Jerry

P.S. Is your resolution 1260x720?  It seems like it should be 1280x720.