[mythtv-users] Channel Management in the UK

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 10:22:59 UTC 2014

On 11 February 2014 23:17, Chris Lewis <chrislewis915 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I could send you my latest file if you like -- but my channel numbering
> system is quirky (1=BBC1  2=BBC2  3=BBC3  11=ITV  12=ITV2 etc. -- it makes
> sense to me).
> >>

> Hi that would be useful if it's not too much trouble.
>
> I've made a start but it's taking me ages!
>
> One thing that might be useful if the script ever gets an update would be
> the option to sort the channel file on channel number or alphabetically by
> channel name.
>
> Chris

 Shouldn't take that long to setup surely?  Unless you are adjusting all
the numbering from the defaults I guess?  Mine is just as default, with
some channels hidden as they didn't exist anymore, also added some xmltvids
to override the defaults were they were wrong in places (I think).

You could always resort the list in your spreadsheet program of your
choice, it is just tab separated data, so could be imported/exported easy
enough

Chris D, thanks for looking into the Atlas stuff, glad this utility is
active.  It is hugely useful to us UK users!!!

Thanks

Martin