[mythtv-users] random livetv stalls

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 23:30:02 UTC 2014

On 16 February 2014 09:32, Kevin Johnson <iitywygms at gmail.com> wrote:
> At this stage, just commenting out the sysctl changes would be a start...
>
>>While the patches I've mentioned above helped; I still just had the
>>same type of failure occurring again :(
>
>>damn
>
> Okay, happy to do that.
> If there is anything else I can do please let me know.

at present that's about it...

> Out of curiosity, which failure is the problem here?
> The  (Waited 0.2 seconds for data #012#011#011#011to become available...) on
> the backend

those are harmless.. they just indicate a potential problem and that
somewhere down the chain, things are too slow.

it's when it hits over 4s that things can get messy, and at 16s the
backend will fail which result in the frontend being disconnected/

> (N CoreContext mythplayer.cpp:2130 (PrebufferEnoughFrames) Player(4): Waited
> 914ms for video buffers AAAAAfAAAAAAAL)
> on the frontend?

the two are related; as this means the frontend is getting the data
too slowly. but this one will be more visible as there usually will be
a pause in playback