[mythtv-users] viaaccess decoding on netup dual receiver card?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Mon Feb 17 11:22:42 UTC 2014

I've recently received an upgrade smartcard from SFDRS for my DVB-S
reception, so I thought I would play with getting it to work. Swiss TV
reception it hasn't been working for me since I switched to MythTV
about a year ago.  I have a dual-channel DVB-S2 netUP card with two CAM
slots, pointed to LNBs for Hotbird 13 and Astra 19.2.

I use the same DVB Viaaccess CA module I used with our ancient Nokia
receiver (where it worked without problems).  I can see SRFinfo (which
isn't coded), and I have complete EPG data for all the Swiss channels.
As soon as I try switching to e.g. SRF1 (coded), the mythtv frontend
balks and exits to the main menu, reporting some or other error.
Occasionally I have managed to leave e.g. SRF1 selected with the info
box showing something like "(_LMSc) partial lock".

According to info provided by SFDRS, it could take up to 30mins for the
card to be "activated" so I should leave the receiver tuned to the
channel. As mythtv doesn't want to do that, I figured I could use
dvbtune? (hasn't worked sofar though).

I've tried some of the module options for the cx23885 module to see if
they would produce more info wrt the decryption, why it isn't working
etc., but no luck.  The mythbackend logs don't reveal much either.

Any and all hints appreciated!

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (6.3°C)
http://www.dns24.ch/ - your free DNS server, made in Switzerland.