[mythtv-users] viaaccess decoding on netup dual receiver card?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Mon Feb 17 16:21:39 UTC 2014

Per Jessen wrote:

> My card is this:
>
> http://www.conrad.ch/ce/de/product/942672/  (or at least looks 99%
> like it).
>
>> So it might be worthwhile checking if there is firmware that can do
>> that for you.  Otherwise you will probably need to do what I am
>> doing.
>
> I've googled for new firmware for it, but the CA module doesn't have
> many model-numbers or other indicators.  Thanks for your input.

Having googled some more, it seems that my CA module may be simply too
old to work with the new SRG smartcard.  Not sure quite why that might
be, but I've seen this commented in a couple of places. A new CA module
with dual encryption is only CHF75, I'll get one of those and see if it
does the trick.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.9°C)
http://www.dns24.ch/ - your free DNS server, made in Switzerland.