[mythtv-users] Suggestions for a friendly external DVB-S2 tuner

Rob Jensen bertaboy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 05:11:01 UTC 2014

Can anyone recommend a friendly external DVB-S2 tuner?  I'm looking to
get into FTA and hoping I can turn my MBE into a satellite receiver.
Due to space constraints in the chassis, I'm out of PCIe slots and I'd
need to use an external tuner.

Ideally, I'd love the tuner to have an ethernet interface.  I've been
running CAT6 through the walls in my house so I can house the MBE in a
closet, but didn't think to string a coax cable into the closet since
the rest of my recordings are OTA.

The wiki gives the impression that my only real options are TBS's usb
tuners.  Does anyone have know of any/ have any luck with any DVB-S2
ethernet tuners?

Thanks,
Rob