[mythtv-users] Automatic mythfilldatabase runs to Schedules Direct seem to be frequently failing

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 19:52:52 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 10:17 AM, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org>wrote:

> On 02/18/2014 11:42 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 6:08 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com
>> <mailto:dheianevans at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I was looking at the wrong thing. I've created a script and will see
>>     how it goes. Thanks.
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> Myth says the last run was 21:02. The run was unsuccessful.There were no
>> entries in the mythfilldatabase log. Is that due to the fact that I'm
>> calling it from a script?
>>
>> Is there a log that should be showing me "Running mythfillwithping.sh"?
>>
>> Just now, I ran the script manually and it did the pings and
>> successfully grabbed new schedules. Just seems I'm having issues with
>> auto runs, wrapper script or no wrapper script.
>>

> You probably need to chown/chmod the wrapper script (and possibly mfdb) to
> allow the mythtv 'user' to run the script.
>
> Also check and/or disable selinux/apparmour,  as least to discover if that
> is the problem. Selinux can cause amazing problems with running a script or
> writing to a file, without producing ANY error messages.
>
> I now disable selinux on the kernel boot line and in /etc/selinux/config
> on the first reboot from an install!

It was already chown'd by mythtv. Not sure if the chmod is right:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 mythtv mythtv     119 Feb 19 14:00 mythfillwithping.sh

How would I check selinux/apparmor? Don't see any logs and have never dealt
with them before.

The real head scratcher, as I said before, is why after three yrs is this
happening? In terms of internet connection/modem/etc, nothing has changed.