[mythtv-users] random livetv stalls

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 03:21:31 UTC 2014

On 21 February 2014 13:53, Kevin Johnson <iitywygms at gmail.com> wrote:

> So how does one apply this fix?  I just had the freeze happen again.
> A link explaining the necessary steps or a short how to?
> Thanks

follow the instructions there:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV-HOWTO_-_0.27#Manually_building_MythTV

replace all occurences of fixes/0.26 with fixes/0.27

that is:
install all the dependencies with:
$ sudo apt-get build-dep mythtv

$ git clone https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
$ cd mythtv
$ git checkout fixes/0.27

after doing the git checkout, however do, this applies the main fix
$ git cherry-pick 20f7cd2858e79385ceec07b2c19c7e4f84714e18

Personally, I don't install mythtv in place of the current install, I
keep the install different.
so I do:

$ ./configure --compile-type=debug --prefix=/usr/local/mythtv-dev
$ make -j4

once the compilation is complete do:
$ sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/mythtv-dev
$ sudo chown your_username /usr/local/mythtv-dev

then:
$ make install

to test this new install, stop the current mythbackend service with:
$ sudo service mythtv-backend stop

once done, start the new server with:
$ sudo -s
$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/mythtv-dev/lib
/usr/local/mythtv-dev/bin/mythbackend --syslog local7 --user mythtv
--daemon -v file

and now use your frontend as usual...