[mythtv-users] random livetv stalls

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 01:23:02 UTC 2014

On 23 February 2014 05:29, Monkey Pet <monkeypet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw a stall after 30 mins using the patch.  It reproduced a few times.
> The frontend is remote using streaming not nfs.  On the backend side, I am
> suspecting the btrfs is slowing down the writes, so I am switch back to
> ext4.

Did the frontend recover though ?
handling of errors and borderline conditions in the frontend is .....
poor to say the least, it rarely handle them gracefully.

But logs would help more than just a report of a stall or freeze...

I have to say that my live TV experience has never been so good now;
but I do get occasional freeze here and there, usually when I leave
the frontend on live TV over night. When I get up playback has frozen
and it is currently paused. Rewinding / Unpausing usually recovers.

JY