[mythtv-users] Refresh Rate Too Low (VDPAU)

John Baab rhpot1991 at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 24 16:33:11 UTC 2014

I am seeing the following entry in my logs on two different boxes:
Video sync method can't support double framerate (refresh rate too low
for 2x deint)

Both of these should be able to handle Advanced 2x deinterlacing.  I'm
using the VDPAU High profile.

I have the an ION2 box and a GT 430 with nvidia version
304.116-0ubuntu0.0.1 on both.
Attached TVs have refresh rates of 120 and 600 MHz.
MythTV version 2:0.27.0+fixes.20140202.4ee21a4-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2 on both.

Xorg Config:
Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        DefaultDepth    24
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option  "Composite"     "Disable"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Default Device"
        Driver  "nvidia"
        Option  "DPI"   "100x100"
        Option  "TripleBuffer"   "True"
        Option  "NoLogo"        "True"
EndSection

On the other box I have a similar xorg config but I do a custom EDID
binary to fix issues when my Onkyo receiver is turned off.