[mythtv-users] MythTV deletes recordigs

Dustin Oprea myselfasunder at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 17:00:25 UTC 2014

> @Dustin: do you have the MythWeb interface exposed to the internet? If so,
> do you have authentication enabled on it? If not, it could have been a
> search bot that went in and hit the 'delete' link on your recordings page.

That's very insightful, Tom. I hadn't thought of that. However, it can't be
that for the following reasons:

1. The hostname associated with my home is not linked-to from any website,
nor is it from my email (assuming that Google would index those URLs, too).
Even if this were not the case, my MythWeb URL is not referred to by
anything, either (not even my home Intranet).

2. The files would be gone, but so would the database records.

Dustin