[mythtv-users] tuner numbering

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 24 20:27:55 UTC 2014

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 19:41:08 -0000, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Chris,
>
> Monday, February 24, 2014, 8:17:44 PM, you wrote:

<snip>

> A thought about the udev simlink not being accepted by mythtv. I
> myself only have analog so I cannot test.
> If I understood right, by default for every dvb adapter a directory
> adapter[1-7] is created in dev, which contains several device nodes.
> Among them frontend0. The name frontend to me suggests it's a kind of
> portal to the other device nodes. If you only create a udev simlink
> for the frontend node, it might not be able to find the other device
> nodes.
> So my suggestion is to create udev simlinks for all device nodes and
> group them by card in a directory. Give the directory a unique name
> for every card and give the device nodes the same name as before.
>
> Tot mails,
> Hika mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

Correct. That was my suggestion at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/562186?#562186

Fixing adapter numbers is a simple solution if you don't swap tuners about
and can remember what each adapter is months/years later. Personally I
like to see my own symlink names in the dialog.