[mythtv-users] Getting all the buttons on my remote control to work - part 1

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Feb 26 00:34:04 UTC 2014

On 02/25/2014 03:30 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Dick,
>
> <snip>
>
> Try setting up your sound in the frontend again, especially what/which
> mixer to use. If you turnoff remote control, your window manager
> catches the ir signals directly and sends them to its own volume
> controller.

I double checked and saw that the audio output device is ALSA:default
and speaker configuration is Stereo.

When I run the test I get sound out of both speakers no matter whether I
choose left or right.

I changed the mixer from default to ALSA:default.

No change after restarting the front end.

I changed the mixer controls from PCM to Master.

After restarting the front end the keyboard controls work, again.

And, after turning IR remote control back on in Mythbuntu Control Center
sound controls work on both the keyboard and with the remote.

Thanks for the pointer.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens