[mythtv-users] Getting all the buttons on my remote control to work - part 1

Tony Guadagno tonyg at guadagno.org
Wed Feb 26 23:44:33 UTC 2014

hi, I also have a Rosewill RHRC-11001, here is what i did to get it working..fyi, i am on debian so i am not sure if this will directly translate to Ubuntu.

1.  create udev rules:

in /etc/udev/rules.d  create a file called 10-rosewill-symlink.rules
add this to the file

#
# Formosa Industrial Computing, Inc.
KERNEL=="event*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="147a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="e042",SYMLINK="input/rosewillremote"
KERNEL=="event*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="147a", ATTRS{idProduct}=="e042",RUN+="/usr/local/sbin/rosewillremap"

The first line creates a symlink to the remote so no mater what event id it is given, you can address it as /dev/input/rosewillremote
The second line runs a script that will remap the scancodes to the keys we need

2.  Create a keymap file

in /usr/local/sbin create a file called rosewillkeymap
add this to the file

scancode 0x800f0418 = KEY_P
scancode 0x800f0416 = KEY_P
scancode 0x800f0415 = KEY_COMMA
scancode 0x800f0414 = KEY_DOT
scancode 0x800f0423 = KEY_ESC
scancode 0x800f040f = KEY_I
scancode 0x800f0422 = KEY_ENTER
scancode 0x800f0426 = KEY_S
scancode 0x800f041b = KEY_Q
scancode 0x800f041a = KEY_Z
scancode 0x800f040d = KEY_M
scancode 0x800f0401 = KEY_1
scancode 0x800f0402 = KEY_2
scancode 0x800f0403 = KEY_3
scancode 0x800f0404 = KEY_4
scancode 0x800f0405 = KEY_5
scancode 0x800f0406 = KEY_6
scancode 0x800f0407 = KEY_7
scancode 0x800f0408 = KEY_8
scancode 0x800f0409 = KEY_9
scancode 0x800f0400 = KEY_0

3.  create a keymap loader file

in /usr/local/sbin create a file called rosewillremap
add this to the file

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/ir-keytable --write /usr/local/sbin/rosewillkeymap --device /dev/input/rosewillremote

then, chmod +x rosewillremap

please note.  this relies on ir-keytable, so you may need to install a pkg to get this.  Also, i have not yet mapped the keys to jump directly to video etc.  I will work on that and post a new keymap.  until then, this keymap give %75 functionality.

let me know if it works or if you have issues