[mythtv-users] tuner numbering

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 15:43:58 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Roger Siddons
<dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 14:56:06 -0000, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 13:20:53 -0000, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> After creating, closing, and going back in, selecting either symlink,
>>> it shows me "adapter0/frontend0" and after selecting finish the
>>> symlink name goes to the bottom of the list of cards, from second or
>>> fourth of five positions.
>>>

>> I just reproduced the problem by creating a dummy adapter. It didn't
>> appear in the capture card list so I typed it in. Then when I restarted
>> setup it was reset back to adapter0.
>>
>> I deleted all the capture cards, closed setup, rebooted and tried again.
>> This time my dummy adapter appeared in the 'available adapter' list and I
>> could select it and it 'stuck'.
>>
>> So try that.
>>
>> I don't know why this is so but there's a reason why Mike keeps
>> reiterating 'delete all the capture cards first when mucking about with
>> tuners.....'
>

> I should have also reminded you that:
>
> 1. After deleting all cards & rebooting, the backend won't start up because
> there are no cards defined,
>
> 2. After defining the cards you also need to map them to your sources via
> 'Input Connections'. That's all you need to do though.

It's a head scratcher, as well as other variations, I tried deleting
all cards, exiting, rebooting, going into set-up> capture cards,
inputting symlink names, (even though the prompt said"could not get
information on "/dev/dvb/PC800i" or "/dev/dvb/HP1250) and configured
them in input connections. When I tried to watch live TV, channel
numbers for the analog card were white (normal) but channel numbers
for the digital cards were blue (not normal) oddly enough trying to
watch a digital channel resulted in a black screen accompanied with
audio for the program selected. Pardon me for being so thick, this
sounds like it should be real simple, but I can't see what's wrong.
I've even commented out my modeprobe.d/options.conf thinking that
might be interfering.   Daryl